Thanks everyone for sending suggestions for May books. So far, here's what we have, with a little bit of info based on comments from those who recommended it:
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand; nonfiction, a great read, but sometimes emotionally difficult.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins; first book in a YA series that's very popular and well regarded. Here's a link: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1919156,00.html
The Widower's Tale by Julia Glass; Brenda loved this; I've read it as well and pretty much love all that Julia Glass has written.
I'll add Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout which won the Pulitzer in 2009. I found this a really interesting book with a central character who wasn't especially likable, but very interesting (admit it--likable is usually BORING!). I also like this because it's really a collection of short stories and it's been a long time since we've delved into that genre.
Let's plan to make a decision on one of these (or nominate another title) at our April meeting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment